Wednesday, April 17, 2024

CREATIVE DIARY




I've started work on a new project, which I've been dreaming of for years...

It would follow on from the Lightwave albums "Cantus Umbrarum" and "In der Unterwelt", in that it could be music for a multi-channel sound installation, combining fragments of spoken voice and an electronic soundscape.

But this project would have a particular dimension, and no doubt a different sound design, minimalist, uncluttered, experimental...

I've made a 5-minute demo, and I'm hoping for a "green light" to go ahead with this project...

I also have a collaborative project underway with a musician I admire: an interesting experiment, with unexpected creative rebounds, which forces us both to break out of our usual compositional routines and sound vocabularies to invent a common language... It's an exciting experience... The ball is in my court, and it's up to me to take the next step!

Otherwise, I'm thinking about my next record release. I've got various projects more or less finalized. I'm thinking of taking tracks from one or other of them for a very ambient and minimalist album, which I'd like to be as "translucent" as possible, slow, stretched out, contemplative, meditative, letting resonances and harmonics spread out into possible spaces...

I also ask myself questions, of course... Am I producing too much music? Am I saturating my audience? Should I make myself scarce, make myself desired and wait, at the risk of being forgotten? Or should I, on the contrary, unroll my creative thread, with coherence and integrity, like so many milestones whose very continuity makes sense? And in the end, who do we make music for? Is it an egocentric or altruistic activity? Is it a self-reflexive process, in which we strive to finally create the music we dream of listening to, but are unable to materialize? Or is it a public process, in which we address and adapt ourselves to an external audience and its expectations?

There's undoubtedly a little of all this in the deep-rooted reasons that drive me to compose, record and produce music, often on a daily basis...

No comments:

Post a Comment