Sunday, April 7, 2024

Works in Progress: What is coming next?

 



In my musical workflow, I divide my recordings between different parallel projects, which take shape as I go along. I like the way my music develops intuitively and almost organically, like a tree with multiple branches stemming from the same roots.

Certain branches grow, branch out and become stronger: they outline album projects that gradually take shape... I take the time to let them mature and rest. I like this idea: you have to let the music you compose rest, let it grow and mature, until it's ready to live its own life, like a person, and go out to meet possible listeners, along the paths of the vast world.

Other branches won't grow, too fragile, unfinished, with no real flowering... They will remain in my musical nursery, waiting for additions, inflections, new ideas that will perhaps enable them to resume their growth...

My albums thus take time to mature, as I listen to them and make corrections, and the moment comes when a concept, a title, an artwork naturally emerge...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment